Written by: Victoria S. Johnson
The new year is in full swing, and you’re generating you “to- do list” and checking it twice (even though you don’t live at the north pole). Whether you’re in the preliminary stages of your job search, or maybe you’ve put together a compelling PowerPoint presentation showcasing your career resolution, the point is that you know you need to get yourself on track, sooner than later.
Resumes Today has gathered data from the top recruiters to identify the 12 companies who posted the most job listings in January. From tech to finance and even guest care, these positions are in high demand and the competition is fierce. Make sure your resume is updated by us, to brand your career experience and professionally highlight your talents. If your resume needs a professional update, you can start here.
Accounting occupations alone saw more than 30,000 new listings in January, along with tech and administrative open positions. We’re here to help you find a better career in 2017—starting with this list. And don’t forget to click through The Resumes Today website and check out the Career Shop!
1. Google- What they're looking for: What they're looking for: 900 software engineers in Mountain View, California.
2. Goldman Sachs- What they're looking for: The financial firm is always searching for talented workers to fill positions across all businesses. Recently, it has increased its focus on recruiting software developers and private wealth management professionals.
3. PricewaterhouseCoopers- What they're looking for: The accounting firm hires a wide range of accounting professionals, but it also provides industry-focused assurance, advisory, and tax services to over 84% of the largest public and private companies in the U.S.
4. Marriott International- What they're looking for: Food and beverage services, housekeeping, guest services/front desk, and sales & marketing are currently the categories with the most openings.
5. Capital One Financial- What they're looking for: The company is currently focused on hiring software engineers, product developers, designers, and data scientists. There is also a need for call center and bank branch workers.
6. Edward Jones- What they're looking for: Financial advisors, branch office administrators in the branch offices throughout the country. At its St. Louis headquarters and Tempe regional campus, the firm is looking to fill positions in training, talent acquisition, operations, information systems, finance, client service, compliance human resources and product specialists.
7. Cisco- What they're looking for: What they're looking for: engineers, product managers, analysts, interns.
8. KPMG- What they're looking for: Audit, tax, and advisory professionals, as well as a variety of internal support services.
9. Nordstrom- What they're looking for: Open positions include salesperson roles and customer service roles across Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack. The retailer is also looking to fill e-commerce, technology, marketing, and merchandising roles at headquarters in Seattle.
11. EY- What they're looking for: All of the company’s service lines are hiring: advisory, assurance, core business services, tax and transactions.
12. Intuit- What they're looking for: The company is seeking product developers, product managers, marketers, software engineers, IT system engineers, tax advisors, inside sales, and care professionals. It also has openings for data scientists and interaction designers.