TIPS FOR PROJECTING THE BEST RESUME.
RESUMES TODAY WILL BE IN YOUR CORNER TO LAND YOU THE
CAREER YOU DESERVE.
- Your resume should answer the question “Why do I want to hire this person?”
- Your resume is a sales document. It should be crafted to show your best skills, abilities and attributes.
- Use a skills section to showcase specific media skills and technical proficiencies such as technology platforms.
- Use industry keywords liberally. Mirror the terminology from the job posting.
- A dense resume is unattractive. Use whitespace liberally to create an open, easy to read resume.
- Write your resume in first person, but never use the words “I”, “me”, “my”, etc.
- Eliminate the months from your timeline. It looks better and aids in covering any employment gaps.
- Your resume needs to be a mix of tasks and accomplishments, with emphasis on accomplishments.
- Take credit for your role in the accomplishments of subordinate employees and/or teams.
- The use of action verbs instead of passive terms such as “responsible for”.
You may be wondering, why am I giving this information out? Wouldn't I want to keep the secrets of the trade under lock and key, in a locked volt? The truth is, you will still need a professional resume writer to execute all of these items with a professional keen eye. With other 10 years of experience in job placement, human resources, MOUS Certified specialists and with a professional network that is like no other, we make sure your resumes get you interviews. Your career dictates your future and your resume dictates your career. Professional writing produces professional results.